Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pooled Ideas



For the past couple of weeks I have been pooling ideas of one sort or another. Usually pertaining to a TV show that I would love to create.

Setting: It would be anywhere between Victorian England and modern day.

Style: TV show where the main character is a vampire, but not in the Twilight or Harry Potter way where it is a normal world and this main character and their community exists in our world now but is hidden away, but rather as a heavily stylized world full of random events of pure symbolism, as like the photo seen here. How better to illustrate what I mean than by photos of Anime vampires lifted from photobucket? ;)

Story: I have been having some trouble coming up with a believable and charming storyline. I am not sure if I would rather have it be an Investigative Story which focuses on the plot of each episode with only a small indication of a subplot leading up to the season's end. I.E. NCIS, CSI, X-Files. Or if I want it to be a miniseries-esk show where it focuses on each season's plot heavily with indication of a huge overarching several season story. I.E. Prison Break. Or if I want it to be entirely miniseries where there is a previously set story/character development. (No Example). I am leaning towards the two most recently mentions ones, and further towards the latter of the two.

Feel: The feeling of the show would be "epic" this, hands down, is the one thing I have set in stone. The intro music would be intense and exciting. I.E. NCIS, only more so. And the 'extro' music would be just as exciting. I.E. Doctor Who, The Bourne Movies, etc.

Imagine as you listen to the song below: The TV show starts, shows the event which opens up to that day's episode. Then, when the intro video starts the intro of the song starts playing and small clips of the show are shown, nothing too epic. But right when the light intro stops and the song becomes epic the name of the TV show flashes to the screen and then it goes into awesome shots of the characters from the show in all their glory and epic-ness.

*

Rating: TV show would be rated roughly that of the X-files. Weird goings on, but probably nothing too gory, like the open autopsies in the CSI shows.

Pros:
  1. I think if I could get a show like this onto public access it would be a pleasant thing to watch, as opposed to city meetings, or a couple people talking about a local animal shelter.
  2. It would be fun to make, and more fun to watch.

Cons:
  1. I have limited directing/acting/writing abilities. Most limited on the writing side.
  2. I have few friends that are interested in acting, as I would want this to be a local project with people I know. As opposed to hiring others (free, or otherwise).
  3. No video camera or microphone to use for sufficient quality video/sound.
  4. Low. Income. ><>
Yes, I have thought this through a lot. Though before you say anything, yes I know that it also requires much more thought anyway.

Feedback?
Comments?

Oh, and do NOT steal my ideas, please. I would probably die of depression. õ_ó

Sinceriously,
Joel Watson

*Props to Beth for introducing me to that song/band

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, if you want to I could play a part. I have some crazy costumes as I'm sure you know.

-Jonny

Dave said...

It could be interesting if done right. Live action, or animated?

Admin said...

Live action,