Saturday, June 18, 2011

Ramen? Or Gross Beef Soup Over Thin Noodles? Find Out Ahead!

Gross beef soup over thin noodles...

It wasn't the worst thing in he world, but I didn't have 70% of the ingredients so I (mostly) made it up as I went. I started with beef soup broth and added mushrooms, snap-peas, and green onion. After cooking it for a few minutes I added some soy sauce and cinnamon, which tasted pretty interesting.

I had started the soup way before the noodles because I didn't know how long it would take to cook. So I had to put the soup on the back of the stove and let it cool until I was ready to cook the noodles, then I reheated the soup. It's possible that this cooling and reheating caused it to taste less desirable, but either way it would have been only adequate.

Perhaps next time I'll follow the directions, I really hope real Miso Ramen tastes as good as my heart tells me it must, because my brain says if it's anything like the Ramen I made... bleh.

No comments: